AIB Websites are designed to give the best possible user experience to the majority of our customers, listed below are the browsers/operating systems that have been tested for compatibility and will provide you with the best online experience.
- Internet Explorer 6
- Internet Explorer 7
- Internet Explorer 8
- Firefox 3+ (excluding Firefox 3.2)
- Google Chrome
- Safari (Windows) 4.0.4
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
The following browsers will operate with full functionality, however, some reduction in quality/style of screens may be experienced:
- Firefox 2
- Safari v.3 (Windows)
- Safari v.3 (iPhone)
The usability of the following browsers/operating systems cannot be guaranteed:
- Firefox 3.2 browser (there is an issue with the use of the 'Back' button and usability issues on select pages)
- Opera browser
- Safari (Mac)
- All 'Beta' versions of browsers - these are released to the public prior to full testing to detect possible malfunctions.
- All other browsers and mobile browsers
- Other Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Mac OSX version 10.5 'Leopard'
- OS X iPhone
- Linux based operating systems
- All other operating systems
- All other mobile operating systems.
We strongly recommend that
- any browser that you use is kept up-to-date and is fully supported by your browser vendor.
- any operating system that you use is kept up-to-date and fully supported.
To enjoy the best experience on AIB Internet Banking customers should have Java Script enabled on their browser.
To turn on Java Script please follow the steps below in relation to your browser:
Internet Explorer 6, 7 & 8:
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of the browser window.
- Click on 'Internet Options'
- Click on the 'Security' tab
- Ensure the Internet icon is highlighted and then click 'Custom Level'
- Scroll down to 'Scripting' (almost at the end of the list)
- Ensure 'Active scripting' and 'Scripting of Java applets' is enabled
- A warning may appear stating 'Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone' press 'Yes'
- Press 'OK' to close the open boxes
- Close down all open Internet Explorer browser windows and then open a new browser window for the changes to take affect
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of the browser window
- Click on 'Options'
- Click on the 'Content' tab
- Press 'OK' to close the open box
- Close down all open Firefox browser windows and then open a new browser window for the changes to take affect
Safari 3.x & 4.x (Windows):
- Click on 'Edit' at the top of the browser window
- Then click on 'Preferences'
- Click on the 'Security' tab
- Press the 'X' on the top right of the grey box to close
- Close down all open Safari browser windows and then open a new browser window for the changes to take affect
AIB strongly recommends that your browser is enabled to support:
- 128 bit encryption
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) 2
AIB recommends that customers view AIB Internet Banking with a screen resolution of 1024 x 768, or higher, with 16 bits colour depth, although a screen resolution of 800 x 600 will work.