What is it?
A Marketlink Account is a high interest, statement based account. The account is available to all business customers who wish to hold surplus current account funds at a higher interest rate.
Cleared balances in Marketlink Accounts earn interest and customers have instant access to funds via their branch or Internet Business Banking. The minimum balance to open a Marketlink account is £10,000.
Interest is calculated on a daily basis and varies according to the balance on the account.
Advantages of a Marketlink Account
- All your money is working for you.
- You can get instant access to your funds.
- You can draw cheques on a Marketlink Account.
- You can lodge money to your Marketlink Account at any branch of First Trust Bank.
Some other Marketlink Account features
- Credit interest is calculated daily and credited to the account net of basic rate tax, where appropriate, at the prevailing rate, in March, June, September and December.
- Markelink Accounts are not permitted to go into overdraft.
- A statement showing your balances and transactions will be issued monthly, quarterly, or six-monthly as a minimum, depending on your choice.
- Standing orders and direct debits are not available on the Marketlink Account.
Back to top