You have a right to know how we (AIB Group (UK) p.l.c.) will use your personal information. It is important that you read the following Use of Personal Information section.
Please note that references to "we" means AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. trading as First Trust Bank and our subsidiaries and associates.
Where reference to 'AIB Group' is made, this means Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c., its subsidiaries and associated companies. This includes AIB Group (UK) p.l.c.
Use of Personal Information
Information which we hold now, or obtain and hold at any time in the future, about you and your relationship with us may be recorded, analysed, assessed, used and held by us for the purposes set out below. This information includes any information which relates to or comes from:
- information, appraisal, proposal, referral or application forms or other dealings with us;
- your chosen products and services; the conduct of any agreement(s) and/or account(s) with us, if any, including details of transactions, the nature of same, with whom and how payment is effected; and information supplied by others and/or obtained by us as a result of enquiries we make, such as third parties associated with you and licensed credit reference agencies.
Similar information about you may be held now, or obtained, recorded and held at any time in the future, by other companies in the AIB Group. This information, subject to any Financial Services Authority regulations and the law, may be disclosed to us and may also be recorded, analysed, assessed, used and held by us for the purposes set out below.
To consider any requests, proposals or applications you make for products or services and to assist in credit assessment and in the management of agreements and/or accounts.
When considering an application, we may use credit scoring and other automated decision-making systems. We may also carry out a voters roll search (for the purpose of verifying your identity) and/or a credit search with one or more licensed credit reference agencies. Licensed credit reference agencies will record details of each type of search we make whether or not an application proceeds. A credit search will not be carried out in relation to saving or investment products. Voters roll searches will not be seen or used by lenders to assess your ability to obtain credit. We may also search the AIB Group records. In addition, we may need to make and retain photocopies of passports, driving licences or other identification evidence that you supply.
We may give details of your credit Agreements and how you conduct these Agreements to licensed credit reference agencies on a regular basis. In particular, we may give those agencies details of non-payment where:
- you have fallen behind with your payments,
- the amount owed is not in dispute; and
- you have not made proposals satisfactory to us for repayment of your debt, following formal demand; and
- you have been given at least 28 days notice of our intention to disclose.
Information held by licensed credit reference agencies will be used by lenders (including us) and others in making lending decisions about you and members of your household, for occasional debt tracing and fraud prevention purposes.
On a regular basis, we may, when administering your agreement(s) with us or when making any lending decision, search the AIB Group records, use credit scoring and other automated decision-making systems and carry out further searches with one or more licensed credit reference agencies. Such agencies will keep a record of each search.
You have the right of access to your personal records held by licensed credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies. Please write to AIB Group (UK) p.l.c FREEPOST BEL2196, Belfast BT1 3BR or telephone us on FREEPHONE 0800 3896218 if you want to have details of those credit reference and fraud prevention agencies from whom we obtain and to whom we pass information about you. You have a legal right to this information.
To enable us to:
- service your relationship with us, update information about you and deal with insurance claims;
- conduct, monitor, manage and analyse our business, including the administration, development and improvement of our products and services, now and in the future; and
- for audit, compliance and regulatory reporting purposes where there may be disclosure of your information to auditors and other companies in the AIB Group and, if required, to governmental and non-governmental regulators and ombudsmen.
We treat your information as confidential, however, subject to any Financial Services Authority regulations and the law, we may:
- exchange our information about you and your relationship with us with similar information held from time to time by other companies in the AIB Group to enable us and those other companies in the AIB Group to get a full picture of your relationship with the AIB Group;
- disclose information about you and your relationship with us to other companies in the AIB Group so that they may record, analyse, assess, use and hold same for the same purposes described at 1. and 2. above in relation to their own businesses, products and services;
- disclose information about you and your relationship with us to other companies in the AIB Group and to others outside the AIB Group in order to provide you with our products and services including any related benefits and products and services. This may include any processing required by us.
While all of these parties have agreed to keep your information on a confidential basis please note that, where you have elected to take insurance, the insurer(s) and their agents may make searches and share information with other insurers via registers to prevent fraudulent claims and for underwriting purposes. In the event of a claim, information you have supplied, including that detailed on application and claim forms, will be put on a register and made available to participants. Further information is available from your insurer(s), including the details of any register to which it contributes and a list of its participants. If we transfer information about you to our agent in another country outside the UK, we will make sure that the information will be adequately protected by the agent agreeing to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to information held about you in the UK.
When you travel to or make foreign purchases by mail, telephone, or electronic mail in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we may also disclose to or access your information in those other countries. Such information may not be afforded the same degree of protection as inside the EEA.
We may link information about you between accounts, including this Agreement and any account(s) you may guarantee, and between accounts and the other products and services you may have with us. We may also link information about you with information about others.
To assist in the tracing of debtors for the collection of outstanding debts, debt collection and in the detection and prevention of possible loss or fraud.
In connection with these purposes, we may disclose information about you and your relationship with us to other companies in the AIB Group and to others outside the AIB Group, such as debt collection agencies, card protection service organisations, our legal advisers and, where appropriate, to other financial institutions.
We may also disclose information about you and your relationship with us to:
- any party, including its advisers, to whom we transfer or propose to transfer our business;
- any party, including its advisers, to whom we transfer or assign, or propose to transfer or assign, our rights and obligations under any agreement with you;
- any party who participates or wishes to participate, wholly or in part, in the financing of any of our products and services;
- any insurance company concerned for insurance, pension and life assurance purposes and to deal with any claims; and
- others inside and outside the AIB Group in such other circumstances where we are obliged to, or as the law permits, or where we have your consent.
To allow us to offer you other products and services, including those available from other companies in the AIB Group and carefully selected third parties, which we think may be of interest to you. This would be by telephone (including automatic dialling), e-mail or mail. In this connection, and occasionally for market research and statistical purposes, the services of a reputable external agency may be used. We will only pass your name and address to other companies in the AIB Group for marketing purposes with your express consent or if you specifically request it. If you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, please contact your Branch, or write to AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. FREEPOST BEL2196, Belfast BT1 3BR.
Information about you and your relationship with us and the AIB Group will be held by us on a computer database and/or in any other way and will be kept by us for only as long as it is required or permitted by law.
To ensure we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interests of security, we may monitor and/or record your telephone calls with us. In the interests of security we may use CCTV recording equipment in and around our premises. All recordings are our sole property and are accessed only under the supervision of one of our Officers.
Upon payment of a fee and by written request to your local branch or to AIB Group (UK) p.l.c., First Trust Centre, 92 Ann Street, Belfast, BT1 3HH, you are entitled to a copy of the personal data held about you by us, as provided for under the Data Protection Act. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
The information regarding the products and services contained on the following pages is intended only for the residents of Northern Ireland. If you are not a resident of Northern Ireland it may be unlawful for you to receive this information.
First Trust Bank is a trade mark of AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. incorporated in Northern Ireland. Registered Office: 4 Queens Square, Belfast, BT1 3DJ. Registered Number NI 18800.
First Trust Bank complies with the Business Banking Code and is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service ( www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk). Details of the Business Banking Code are available on request from any First Trust Bank branch or from the British Bankers Association.
The site is best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer 4+ or Netscape 4.76 +