For those of you who want more from your banking. The Plus Account has all the features and benefits for you to enjoy life while your money works for you.
Your money earns interest while you are in credit and you have the convenience and flexibility of instant access to your cash, while your balance could be increasing too.
Benefits for you
- Earn credit interest.
- Set up direct debits and standing orders for free.
- The first £100.00 of your arranged overdraft (subject to status) will be interest-free.
- A Visa debit card gives you flexibility at home and abroad.
- Manage your money - check your statement and pay bills online.
- Choose between one of our three great value credit cards (subject to status).
- Transfer cash online between First Trust Bank accounts in an instant.
Here's how it works
How do I qualify for the Plus Account?
You must be able to pay at least £1,200 into your Plus Account each month. (Just arrange to have your salary paid into your account, or make a number of lodgements that add up to £1,200).
How do I earn credit interest on the Plus Account?
- All you have to do is pay at least £1,200 into your account during the month.
- You will then earn credit interest on your balance up to £1,200.
- You don't have to keep £1,200 in your account for the whole month, and don't worry if your balance drops below £1,200 during the month, you will still earn credit interest on your daily balance.
- We work out interest each day and pay it monthly on the 16th or next working day if the 16th is a weekend or a bank holiday. So, even if you don't qualify for interest one month, (for example, if you pay in less than £1,200 that month), you can still earn interest the following month if you pay at least £1,200 into your account.
Remember - All you have to do is pay at least £1,200 into your account each month. If you don't, you won't earn interest that month. It's that simple.
How can I reduce the number of monthly fees I have to pay?
There is no monthly fee on the account if:
- you keep your account in credit throughout the monthly fee period (the 16th of month one to the 15th of month two); or
- you carry out any of the following transactions during the monthly fee period. Then, whether you keep your account in credit or not, you will not have to pay a monthly fee for that period. These are:
- two purchases using your Visa debit card; or
- two debit transactions using either the Online or Phoneline Banking services, or both; or
- one purchase using your Visa debit card and one debit transaction using the Online or Phoneline Banking services.
(By 'debit transaction', we mean either transferring funds or paying a bill.)
If you do not carry out any of the above transactions within the monthly fee period, the normal monthly fee will apply. (Refer to our price list for up-to-date details.)
Do you want to find out more?
Contact us, or read our explanatory notes and terms and conditions at the bottom of this page.
How do I open an account?
Back to top