A better start for you and your finances.
What's in it for me?
- An interest-free overdraft of up to £1,850 with no extra fees. (see notes 1, 2 and 3 in important information)
- A Banklink card and Visa Debit card (see note 3 in important information)
- Student credit card (see note 3 in important information)
- Facility to get a student loan (see note 3 in important information)
- Easy mobile phone top-ups at our cash machines;
- Online and phoneline banking;
- Foreign currency with no commission charge
- An experienced student adviser in every branch.
How do I open an account?
What you need to bring with you
You will need to bring identification such as your passport, driving licence, student identity card (issued by your UK University or college) or electoral identity card. You will also need to bring proof of your acceptance to university or college, such as a UCAS letter.
If you are an international student or from the Republic of Ireland, there are different rules on the identification you’ll need. Ask our student advisers for help with this.
After you graduate, our three year Graduate Account gives you benefits such as an interest free overdraft.
The First Trust Bank Student+ Account is only available to third-level university and college students and student nurses.
1. You do not pay fees or interest on your approved overdraft. But you must apply for the overdraft, and the amount will depend on your financial circumstances and your ability to pay back the money. You must be 18 or older. For full details, or for a written quotation, please contact your local branch.
2. You do not pay charges for transactions as long as your account is in credit or within your agreed overdraft limit. We may charge for using certain support services (for example, if you ask us for a certificate of balance), but we’ll tell you about this beforehand. Please see our personal fees brochure for full details.
3. As a responsible lender, we will only lend you money after assessing whether you are able to make the repayments. We only issue credit facilities and Visa debit cards depending on your financial circumstances. Interest rates may change. You must be aged 18 or over. Please ask us for full details of terms and conditions and written quotations.
Personal price list
Personal current accounts
Back to top