With the Student+ Account you can get:
- An interest-free overdraft of up to £1,850, with no
extra fees (see note 1)
- Banking with no transaction fees (see note 2)
- A Banklink card (see note 3)
- A student credit card (see note 4)
- Online and Mobile Banking
- The opportunity to apply for a student loan (see note 4)
- Mobile phone top-ups at our cash machines
- Foreign currency with no commission charge
- A student adviser in every branch.
The First Trust Bank Student+ Account is available if you are
a full time third-level university or college student (HND level
and above) or a student nurse. Students on full time vocational
courses at regional colleges may also apply.
How do I open an account?
What you need to bring with you
You will need to bring identification such as your passport or driving licence and proof of your address such as a NHS medical card or a letter from your university or college. You will also need to bring proof of your acceptance to university or college, such as a UCAS letter.
If you are an international student or from the Republic of Ireland, there are different rules on the identification you'll need. Ask our student advisers for help with this.
After you graduate, our three year Graduate Account gives you benefits such as an interest free overdraft.
1. You do not pay fees or interest on your approved overdraft. But you must apply for
the overdraft, and the amount will depend on your financial circumstances and your
ability to pay back the money. You must be 18 or older. For full details, or for a
written quotation, please contact your local branch.
2. You do not pay charges for transactions as long as your account is in credit
or within your agreed overdraft limit. We may charge for using certain support
services (for example, if you ask us for a certificate of balance), but we'll tell you
about this beforehand. Please see our personal fees brochure for full details.
3. From October 2013 Banklink cards will be replaced by Visa Debit cards which can be
used for cash machine, point of sale (POS), phone and internet transactions. Full terms
and conditions will be issued with the replacement card.
4. As a responsible lender, we will only lend you money after assessing whether you
are able to make the repayments. We only issue credit facilities and Visa Debit
cards depending on your financial circumstances. Interest rates may change.
You must be aged 18 or over. Please ask us for full details of terms and conditions
and written quotations.
Personal price list
Personal current accounts
Back to top