Published Date 28th February 2013
At First Trust Bank we believe in treating customers fairly. Enduring relationships built on honesty, integrity and fairness are the heart of our business. We aim to deliver a dependable service to all our customers, but if things do go wrong, we want to know.
We welcome comments or complaints on any aspect of our service and products and our complaint handling process is designed to ensure that any issues are addressed promptly and fairly.
We encourage you to talk to us directly. Making a complaint directly to us is easy and may save you money compared to raising your complaint through a complaint management company. They may charge you an up-front fee or retain a proportion of any financial redress.
We assess all complaints sent to us directly in exactly the same way as complaints through a complaint management company.
Complaint reporting statistics
How to make a complaint
1. You’ll need to provide us with:
- your name
- your address
- your account number (if this applies)
- a summary of your concerns, and;
- if possible, any relevant documentation.
- If your complaint is about Payment Protection Insurance, click here for more guidance.
2. You can make a complaint:
- in person - staff in your local branch are on hand to talk to you.
- by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post – write to us at your local branch or to our Customer Care Unit, First Trust Bank, PO Box 123, 92 Ann Street, Belfast BT1 3AY
- by phone – phone 0845 6005 925 (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday).
What happens next?
1. We will write to you within 5 working days to acknowledge your complaint.
2. We will investigate your complaint and send you a Final Response letter as soon as possible. We may have to contact you for further information during the investigation.
3. If we have not completed the investigation of your complaint within 4 weeks from the date of your complaint, we will write to you to let you know that we need more time.
4. If we don’t resolve your complaint within 8 weeks, we will write to you to explain why we have not been able to issue you with a Final Response letter. We will also tell you what further action you can take if you are not satisfied with the progress of your complaint.
5. Financial Ombudsman Service
If you are not happy with our final response you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review. You can do this within 6 months of our final response and the contact details are:
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
Phone 0845 080 1800
Internet - www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Email - email@example.com
Back to top